What is cannabis sugar all about?
Try cannabis sugar (canna-sugar) for a gentle, calming high. For example, add your sativa blend sugar to your morning coffee. Need help getting to sleep? Try a soothing night-cap with an indica tincture. Canna-sugar is typically used as a condiment, as opposed to a base ingredient like cannabis butter. For a more potent high, swap out your regular sugar with weed infused sugar in any dessert recipe. If the recipe already uses cannabis oil or cannabis butter, add a dose of canna- sugar to elevate further.
What pairs well with cannabis infused sugar?
Cannabis infused sugar is a novel way to add a dash of cannabis to your desserts, coffees, and cannabis teas. It’s a sweet idea — pun intended. Excitingly, you can flavor your weed sugar by adding different ingredients. Throw in a vanilla stick, orange zest, or even coffee beans to the final product. We also suggest adding culinary grade flowers like lavender and rosebuds. This creates an exquisite flavor with cannabis tea!
How else can I use canna-sugar?
Interestingly, canna-sugar can be used to make an exciting sugar scrub. Use your sugar to exfoliate for healthy looking skin and pores. Add your cannabis infused sugar to your favorite face mask recipe and soak up the benefits of THC. Try adding your weed infused sugar to a homemade lip balm. This sugar will lightly flavor the lip balm while adding a hint of sweetness to the mix.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Your new canna-sugar must be stored in a cool, dark, sealed container for long periods of time. Be sure to get your storage containers ready and allot for an appropriate space.
See our video and recipe below to learn how to make a tincture and cannabis infused sugar.
If you are interested in understanding how to make more cannabis infusions and recipes. View our cannabis cookbook.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Cannabis tincture
- Add 4 cups of sugar into a glass bowl.
- Add ½ cup of cannabis tincture and mix well with the sugar.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, and even spread the sugar over the parchment paper in a thin layer.
- Let stand overnight.
- Using a solid object, like a bottle, can or the bottom of a glass, crush up the cannabis sugar to remove the lumps. You can also do this step in a food processor, or blender.
- You can also do this step in a food processor, or blender. Store the weed infused sugar in a cool dry place.