Sometimes you don’t have time for the full cannabis extraction process. Like a ready-made meal, sometimes you need a quick way to make a medicinal extraction. If you’ve got the marijuana, but don’t have the time to dedicate to the full extraction process, this quick tincture recipe produces impressive results in a much shorter period.
Usually, a tincture takes weeks of infusing the cannabis together with high proof alcohol. This will give your tincture a higher potency. And u will be able to strip all the THC and CBD of your material up to a 100%. However, this method wil make sure u will strip as much as possible within a short period.
- Place the dry cannabis in a plastic bucket
- Crush the plant material using a stick of clean, untreated wood or any other similar device.
- Continue to crush the cannabis, while adding 1 cup solvent until the plant material is completely covered and soaked. Stir the mixture for about three minutes. As you stir the mixture, the cannabinoids will begin dissolving off the plant into the solvent.
- Strain the solvent mixture into another bucket. At this point, you have stripped the material of about 80% of its THC.
- Repeat this process for the second wash. Again add 1 cup solvent to the plant material and work for another three minutes to extract the remaining THC.
- Strain this new solvent mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was previously separated.
- Discard the twice washed plant material.
- Pour the solvent mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container.
- Boil the solvent off in a safe environment. A rice cooker will boil the solvent off nicely. CAUTION: the solvent is flammable and the vapors toxic. Avoid stove-tops, red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes, and open flames as the fumes can be extremely dangerous.
- Add solvent to rice cooker and turn on heat. Make sure you are in a well-ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. If you can complete this step outside.
- Continue to add mixture to cooker as the solvent evaporates until you have added it all to the cooker.
- Continue to reduce the liquid until you have roughly 1 cup liquid left.
- Place in a container or jar and let stand for at least 24 hours.