Fill these beautiful, cannabis edible hollow chocolate eggs with candies, weed or anything else you can think of! A homemade chocolate egg makes a wonderful, thoughtful cannabis Easter gift.
These instructions are for one hollow cannabis chocolate egg. All you need is cannabis butter, some high quality chocolate and a easter egg mold and you are good to go.
- In a large bowl, put in your chocolate and cannabis butter.
- Half-fill a small pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat. Rest your bowl with chocolate on top, then allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Using oven gloves, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool to 35ºC. Check the temperature with a cooking thermometer.
- Spoon the chocolate into your mould, one tablespoon at a time, tilting the mould so the chocolate covers the surface. Don’t worry if you make a mess! Tip any excess chocolate back into the bowl.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, then, using a butter knife, scrape around the rim of the mould to get a clean edge.
- Meanwhile, repeat steps 4 to 6 with the second mould.
- Lay out some greaseproof paper and place the mould flat-side-down on top for 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has completely set.
- To remove your eggs from their moulds, squeeze the casing gently, working your way around the edge (the warmth from your hands will help).
- Brush the remaining melted chocolate around the rim of each of the chocolate egg halves, then gently press them together so they stick in place. Leave for a few minutes until the chocolate sets, then it’s ready!