Cannabis butter is a great basic to make cannabis-infused edibles and can be used for any recipe that requires butter. In order for THC to properly activate — change from its acid form to its psychoactive form—the cannabis needs to be heated at low temperatures. This first step is called Decarboxylating or (decarbing). Once the THC is activated it is time to infuse it with butter to make cannabutter.
For less cannabis flavor, there is an option to soak your cannabis in hot water for 8 hours before starting this recipe. Since THC is not water soluble it won’t take away any of the potency.
Important: If using a mason jar, make sure to start with cold water, and also let the water cool back gradually so it won’t shatter.THC Dosage: 43-86 MG per tablespoon
- 1/4 to 1/2 Ounce Cannabis
- 1 cup Butter
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 till 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- (At this point, the THC in your buds are activated.)
- Place the decarbed cannabis in a strong mason jar and add 1 cup of butter and 1 tsp of sunflower lecithin.(optional)
- Place the mason jar in cold water and let it come to a boil. Boil for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain your cannabis butter through a cheesecloth.
- Cool down
- Now you can use the Cannabis Butter for your favorite weed edible recipe.