CBD oil is the new darling of health, wellness and beauty industries, and it’s easy to see why. It can help relieve pain, reduce anxiety and depression, as well as help with cancer-related symptoms. And those are just a few of the benefits of CBD oil. It can also potentially help treat PTSD and insomnia. Some say it can reduce acne.
And CBD oil can be used in a wide variety of ways. Since it’s the non-psychoactive cannabinoid in the cannabis plant, it’s safe to use. With so many potential health benefits, and very few side effects (if any), it’s no wonder it has become popular among weed enthusiasts and non-weed enthusiasts alike.
CBD was recently legalized in the United States in the 2018 Farm Bill. Since then, the CBD industry has ballooned to epic proportions. Lately it seems like CBD is everywhere. From CBD tincture added to your morning latte, to CBD pet treats, it could possibly be the most popular additive we’ve seen in the last decade. However, CBD is still largely unregulated. Meaning, the CBD oil you buy from the store or online may not contain the potency that’s advertised.
That’s why it’s a great idea to make your own CBD oil at home. By brewing up your own batch, you can ensure your CBD oil has the potency you’re after. Not to mention it’s incredibly easy. And that CBD oil can be used in anything from edibles to beauty products. You can even make your own CBD massage oil. This recipe can be used with any kind of cannabis flower. So, if you have some THC bud lying around and would like to make some oil with it, the ingredients and amounts are the same.
- 1/4 Ounce Cannabis/CBD strain
- 1 Cup Olive Oil/ Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp of sunflower lecithin
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 to 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Grind your cannabis or Hemp and chop it fine
- Place the cannabis in a strong mason jar, add oil and 1 tsp of sunflower lecithin
- Place your closed jar in cold water and let it come to a boil, Boil for 2 to 3 hours.
- TIP: U can also add other herbs such as Thyme, rosemary etc for an extra flavor.
- Strain through Cheesecloth.
- Let it cool
- Now you can use the CBD Oil to make CBD edibles or make salves, lotions etc.