CBD cannabutter is great for those that want to make their own CBD edibles. Fortunately, this recipe is very simple and easy to follow. In fact, the steps to make this recipe are exactly the same as making regular cannabis butter with THC. The only difference is, this recipe requires a specific type of cannabis strain.
What type of cannabis strain do I use to make CBD cannabutter?
Most notably, select a cannabis strain that is high in CBD and low in THC to create your CBD cannabutter. Of course, this is to elicit maximum yield of CBD for your weed edibles.
The following is a list of common CBD Strains:
• Charlotte’s web
• Ringo’s gift
Finally, speak to your local dispensary representative to find a similar strain if these weed strains are inaccessible.
Will this cannabis infused butter get me high?
Fortunately, this CBD cannabutter will not get you high. As a result, this CBD infusion is a great way to forego the psychoactive experience and still consume cannabis. Select a similar cannabis strain to the ones above to avoid psychoactive effects.
How do I prepare my CBD strain for this cannabis infusion?
Now that you are ready with a CBD strain, it is time to decarboxylate your bud. The purpose of decarboxylation is to activate and convert CBD-A to CBD. Importantly, follow the temperature and time specifications according to this recipe. This way you will not destroy the cannabinoids you’re hoping for!
Is your CBD bud decarboxylated? Excitingly, it is time to start your infusion. This step-by-step recipe explains the proper way to infuse your CBD weed butter for best results.
Follow these steps to create your CBD cannabutter:
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Ounce Cannabis (CBD strain)
- 1 Tsp Sunflower Lecithin
- Decarboxylate your CBD Cannabis by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 till 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Place the cannabis in a strong mason jar, add butter and 1 tsp of sunflower lecithin.
- Place your closed jar in cold water and let it come to a boil, Boil for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain through a sieve or cheesecloth
- Let it cool down. And your CBD cannabutter is done.