It doesn’t matter if you are a newbie in cannabis cooking or a edible chef veteran. This weed cookie recipe is simply the ultimate edible! It is super delicious and hardly fails. The recipe is made with cannabis butter, which we will show you how to make through recipe and video. Also, we will give you some tips and tricks on how to mask the smell of marijuana and dose the edibles perfectly. These chocolate chip weed cookies are soft and chewy with the perfect balance of crispy edges!
How to make cannabis butter?
To start with this delicious cannabis cookie recipe, you will need to extract the THC from the plant material. In this case, we will infuse the cannabis flowers with butter to make cannabutter. Also, before infusing the marijuana buds with butter, the flower needs to be decarbed first. Don’t worry, you will learn all about it if you click on the following recipe, or watch the short video below.
Make cannabis chocolate chip weed cookies
Now that you have made cannabis butter, the biggest part of making this edible is done. Collect all the ingredients you need from the recipe list below and get started with your weed cookies recipe.
First, combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Additionally, mix and cream together all the wet ingredient in a separate bowl. Combine the two and add the chocolate chips, shape and bake, and your cannabis chocolate cookies will be ready in no time.
How high will this chocolate chip weed cookie make me?
If your cannabutter contained roughly 1000mg THC per 1 cup butter like the Cannadish recipe, the dosing is simple. A half cup will 500mg THC. Divided into 36 canna cookies, there will be roughly 15mg THC per cookie. However, you can simply increase or decrease the potency. 15mg per serving is generally a good starting dose for beginners. If you are looking for a more potent cannabis edible, simply make sure your cannabis butter is stronger.
Can I make cannabis cookies with no marijuana smell in the house?
If you want to make weed edibles, but you don’t want to invite your neighbours over, we’ve got the solution for you. The strong smell of cannabis comes from making the cannabis butter. In fact, it comes mostly from decarbing the cannabis prior to infusing it with butter. Therefore, you will need to decarb the weed while trapping the smell in a mason jar or even better, while vacuum sealed. You can find the recipe for that here: decarbing without smell.
- Hand mixer or whisk
- 1/2 cup Cannabis butter softened
- 1/2 cup Salted butter Softened
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 cups Flour All purpose
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together cannabis butter, salted butter and all sugars. Whisk using a hand blender or whisk, untill the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at the time with vanilla essence and combine it with the mixture.
- Now, combine all your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients.
- Add your chocolate chips in the mixture and fold untill all is evenly spreaded.
- Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop out even sized cookie balls. Press them with your hand, so they get a nice cookie shape.
- Place them on your oven pan and bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- After 10 min, take the weed cookies out and leave them to rest another couple minutes, untill they start to firm up and harden.
- Enjoy the most delicious cannabis cookies you will ever have!