Finally a simple CBD tincture recipe!
The CBD tincture is currently one of the most used cannabis products on the market. There is a long list of medicinal benefits that CBD tinctures have to offer. Consequently, many brands sell these potent concoctions.
So, how can you pick the best CBD tincture when there are hundreds of products on the market?
It’s simple really….Make it yourself!
While there are a lot of brands that offer decent quality, there are also quite a few that sell improperly dosed, or poor quality tinctures. Creating your own weed tincture assures that you will be consuming a quality product that is thoughtfully dosed.
So, what do I need to create this CBD infusion?
This CBD tincture recipe involves the same process as making a THC tincture. The only difference is that you will need a cannabis strain that is high in CBD and low in THC.
Finally, prohibition is ending. For people that live in a state or country where cannabis is legal, it will be fairly simple to buy the cannabis buds. Fortunately, cannabis legalization is happening around the world. Ask your local dispensary for cannabis buds that are high in CBD/low in THC. For this recipe, we used 28 grams of cannabis flower that contain 20% CBD. This should give your recipe a final potency of 5600Mg/CBD Tincture.
In addition, you will need a solvent. We recommend high proof grain alcohol or Everclear. Of course, you will need a mason jar and a tincture for storage.
How long will this CBD tincture take?
Excitingly, you can have the tincture ready in 1 hour. However if you would like max potency, leave your jar for another week or more before straining it.
You can use your tincture as it is, or you can get creative and make cannabis edibles from it.
- 1 Ounce dry Cannabis buds(10% CBD)
- 500 ml Solvent( grain alcohol/Everclear)
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 to 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Place your chunky decarbed cannabis in a mason jar and add 500ml Everclear.
- Simmer the sealed jar in a water bath for 20 minutes at 170 degrees F
- Your CBD Tincture is now ready to be strained and used.
- (Extra for maximum potency) Sit your mason jar out for another week before straining, shaking daily.