There has been some buzz about cannabis wine. Cannabis-infused wine (canna vine, weed wine) is hitting marijuana establishments and is a lot of times served in secret pop up cannabis diners.
People have infused wine with cannabis for a long time already. Back then in the olden days, it was quite common for wine to be infused with all kinds of herbs, and of course cannabis was already a favourite for this purpose even then. Making your own cannabis wine is fairly simple, alcohol extracts the THC out of cannabis so simply infusing cannabis buds in a bottle of wine will do the trick.
You can make cannabis wine by straight away infusing cannabis during the fermentation process and aging process of the wine, but all of this takes way too long for most of our cannabis chefs. There is another method that doesn’t take too long for most. You can simply take your favorite bottle of wine and infuse it with cannabis, which usually takes 48 hours up to a week or more. A quicker method of making cannabis wine is simply adding a Cannabis Tincture to your bottle of wine and voila, you have a cannabis-infused wine.
In the following recipe we will go for method 2: infusing your cannabis buds with your favorite bottle of wine. The fun part is pairing different strains with different wines. Some strains are really fruity while other strains have an earthy flavor.
- Your Favorite bottle of wine
- 3 grams of your choice of cannabis strain
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray, coat with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes on 240F.
- Wrap up your weed tightly in a piece of cheesecloth or pantyhose and infuse it in your favorite bottle of wine.
- Shake at least once per day and store depending on the kind of wine.