We came across a lot of gummy recipes on the net, some making it more complicated than it really is. Or using Cannabis coconut oil. While coconut oil is an option to use as an extract. It’s harder to dose every gummy afterwards, and the fat often floats on top of the gummy bear. Therefore, we use Tincture for candy recipes.
Cannabis infused gummies are a convenient and popular product found at nearly every dispensary these days. They are a discreet and potent way to take your medicine or just an easy dose for recreational use. But you can recreate the experience at home, and tailor the strain, the potency, and the flavors to your liking. Strawberry isn’t the only flavor option. Why not try working with cherries or blueberries? Almost any fruit will do, and it’s exciting to experiment. If you can’t find a gummy bear shaped silicone mat, any small shape will work so long as the material is silicone.
The silicone is important for ease of removal. Store in the refrigerator for a week or more, but be warned if the munchies hit – the little gummies are hard to resist.
- 1 tbsp cannabis tincture
- 1 cup strawberries or fruit of choice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey ⅓
- ounce gelatin(or agar)
- Blend 1 cup of strawberries with the water till smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a pot.
- On medium heat add the lemon juice and honey and take off the heat.
- While off the heat but still hot, add your cannabis tincture and gelatin and stir well.
- Divide the mixture in a gummy bear silicone matt, and freeze for at least an hour till gelatin is set.