When making cannabis oil, there are a few ways you can go about it. You can use olive oil, hemp seed oil, or even vegetable oil. All you need is a fat soluble ingredient to to extract the cannabinoids from the flower.
While all of the above oils work, perhaps the most popular ingredient for making cannabis oil is coconut oil. The combination of cannabis and coconut is a winning one, since by itself, coconut oil contains numerous health benefits.
Coconut oil has a high amount of healthy saturated fats — which are great for the liver and for your brain, too. In can also help your body burn calories. But that’s not all. Coconut oil can kill bacteria, increase levels of healthy HDL cholesterol, and do amazing things for your skin and hair. It can also make you feel fuller faster, helping you eat less.
And when you combine cannabis to coconut oil, you have a tonic that not only contains all of the health benefits of coconut oil, but cannabis, too. Coconut cannabis oil can reduce inflammation, improve the health of your heart, boost your metabolism and feed your brain.
What can you use cannabis coconut oil for? Making edibles or adding it to any culinary recipe you can dream of. You can also incorporate cannabis coconut oil in topicals like massage oil. Looking for a super delicious cannabis-infused honey recipe? We’ve got one for you right here.
But first, let’s get cracking making some cannabis coconut oil. This recipe is easy to make at home, and just involves decarboxylating your cannabis bud. You can use any type of cannabis you like, such as THC, CBD or CBN. And once you have a batch of cannabis coconut oil at your disposal, the sky is the limit on what you can make with it.
Cannabis coconut oil is a great base for a weed edibles recipe. The process of making it is exactly the same as cannabis butter or regular cannabis oil.
- 1/4 to 1/2 Ounce Cannabis
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 to 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Grind your cannabis or chop it fine
- Place the cannabis in a strong mason jar, add coconut oil and (1 tsp of sunflower lecithin)(optional)
- Place your closed jar in cold water and let it come to a boil, Boil for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain through a cheesecloth or pantyhose.
- Let it cool
- Now you can use the Cannabis Coconut oil