There’s always a reason to whip up a batch of cookies during the holidays. But let’s change it up this Christmas with these Weed infused sugar cookies build into a Christmas tree. The recipe originally created by Delish, and now with a cannabis twist is perfect to share around the fireplace this Christmas. The batch serves 12 cookies which puts 1 cookie tree on roughly 27.5 MG THC. Learn more about dosing Here.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Cannabis Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Cannabis sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 -2 tablespoons whole milk, you can use more if needed
- green food color
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add both butters to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, or until butter is smooth.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the sugar and then the egg.
- Scrape the bowl with the mixer off.
- Turn mixer back on low and add in extracts.
- Allow all ingredients to combine fully.
- Add the baking powder and then the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until fully incorporated. Ending with the cocoa powder.
- Remove bowl from mixer and drop dough onto a floured countertop. Roll out into a flat disc, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut cookies into 2-inch, 1 1/2-inch, and 1-inch cookies and bake at 350 for 6-9 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Beat butter together with cannabis sugar in the bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes)
- With the mixer off or on low, add vanilla and almond extract.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in confectioners sugar, cannabis sugar, milk, green food color, and salt; frequently scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Once incorporated, whip frosting for at least 3 minutes on medium-high to high.
- If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.