Notably, this is for all the people that love cannabis and bacon. This recipe shows you how to combine these two ingredients to create cannabis infused bacon fat. Delicious THC bacon grease can be used for all kinds of savory weed edible recipes. Consider THC rice dishes, weed sauces, or THC bacon and eggs. You can even sprinkle some of this THC bacon infusion on your pizza. Doesn’t it seem that bacon pairs well with just about anything?
Why try this recipe over cannabis butter?
Cannabis is usually infused with butter or oil. That is why you see and hear a lot of people using cannabis butter and oil in weed edible recipes. Excitingly, cannabis infused bacon fat can be used to make the same recipes. Obviously, weed infused bacon fat is far more delicious. In addition, THC bacon fat camouflages the taste of cannabis buds much better than cannabutter.
How do I use my THC bacon fat infusion?
Excitingly, your weed bacon fat will wow your dinner party guests. Add delicious flavor to your recipes while adding a THC dose with this unique weed edible. Try smothering brussel sprouts with this oil. Roast your oil laden sprouts in the oven for 45 mins. This crispy and potent way to enjoy vegetables will blow away your guests. Craving a loaded baked potato? Add cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, and chives to your potato. Then, garnish with this amazing bacon flavoured weed oil. Essentially, you can garnish any meal with this savory flavor.
How do I get my THC Infused Bacon Fat started?
Firstly, render your bacon fat by cooking bacon. The trick is to cook the bacon slowly on medium heat. This way the bacon will not burn. At the same time, decarboxylate your cannabis. This activates the THC in your buds. The rest of the recipe is exactly the same as making a batch of cannabutter.
Follow the Cannabis Infused Bacon Fat Recipe Below!
- 1 Pound Sliced bacon High fat with less meat
- 7 Grams Cannabis
- 1 Tbsp sunflower lecithin
- Pre heat your oven to 240F
- Take 7 grams of cannabis buds and spread them evenly on an oven tray with baking sheet. Cover with silver foil.( do not grind the cannabis fine. Medium chunks does well)
- Let the cannabis decarboxylate for 40 minutes.
- While the cannabis is decarbing in the oven, take a lare cooking pan and get your bacon strips ready.
- On low to medium heat, cook the bacon evenly for around 10 minutes untill all fat comes out of the bacon. Strain the fat through a sieve into a mason jar. ( do this in batches untill all bacon is cooked)
- You should now have about 1 cup of bacon fat in the mason jar. Once cannabis is decarbed, place the buds in the mason jar which contains the bacon fat together witb the lecithin powder.
- In a medium pot, fill with cold water and place your mason jar in it. Turn on the heat and let the cold water come to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for 2 – 3 hours. Continue to fill water in the pan if some of it evaporates.
- After 2 – 3 hours, strain your cannabis buds out of the bacon fat. Discard the cannabis. (All THC is now in the bacon grease)
- Your bacon fat is now infused with THC.