A proper cannabis Thanksgiving meal needs a weed infused turkey. This delicious slow roasted cannabis turkey recipe will be the star of the evening. You will need to organize ahead of time as this bad boy takes 8 to 9 hours to cook. Prior to roasting, we injected the turkey with cannabis butter and also used cannabis butter for the stuffing. To limit waste of cannabis butter, we used the fat drippings from the turkey to make a delicious cannabis infused gravy.
- 1 whole turkey (12lb/5.5kg)
- 1 cup Cannabis butter
- 1 large onion diced in small cubes
- 3 medium carrots diced in small cubes
- 5 garlic cloves diced small
- 14 ounce packaged bread stuffing cubes
- 1 Tbs dried thyme
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Paprika powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a medium bowl, combine bread stuffing cubes together with carrots, onions, garlic, thyme and salt to taste.
- Melt 1 cup cannabis butter and use half to combine in the stuffing mix.
- Use the other half to put in a turkey syringe and inject the turkey with cannabis butter from different angles.
- Fill your turkey with your cannabis stuffing and season rub whole turkey with salt, pepper, paprika powder and a tbsp of oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 F.
- Place turkey in the oven and let it slow cook for 9 hours.
- Check the temp of the thigh meat and the thickest part of the breast.
- If they aren't at 64ºC yet then give it more time.
- Once fully cooked, crank the oven up to 350F and let it roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and gorgeous.