Cannabis infused brownies also called “space cake” has been around for decades. A visit to Amsterdams coffeeshops will show you these infused cakes in all kinds of styles. With the legalization of cannabis spreading around the world more and more cannabis infused edibles are becoming popular. But lets not forget about this all time classic!
The first step before making these super potent brownies will be to make the cannabutter. Follow the recipe below and have a look at our video.
- 1 Cup Cannabis Butter
- 2/3 cup chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange zest(optional)
- 5 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crushed pecan nuts
- Use a double boiler by placing a bowl on top of a pot with water over medium high heat like shown in the video.
- Add your chocolate, cannabis butter, vanilla extract and orange zest to the empty bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Take the bowl of the heat and set aside.( you will not need any heat anymore from this point on)
- Place your egg whites in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg whites till you form white and stiff peaks, using an electric mixer or a whisk. And set aside.
- Add your egg yolks in another separate bowl and add sugar. Mix to incorporate.
- Add your chocolate cannabis mixture to the eggyolk mixture and slowly incorporate together using a spatula.
- Once incorporated, sift in your flour, cocoa powder and add your pecan nuts.
- Now add your fluffy white egg whites to the mixture and incorporate everything together using a spatula.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and add your finished mixture to it.
- Now bake for 60 min on 220F, and your brownies will be ready