We originally decided to make this recipe last year during the #myoreocreation. A challenge where the company was offering $500,000 for the next big Oreo flavor idea. While it seemed to be a good idea to our Cannadish followers. (video over 8 million views on Facebook). Oreo seemed to not have thought so.
Neal Brothers Foods just announced a deal with Cannabis company Newstrike Brands Ltd. to launch a co-branded edibles company. Other major food brands might follow that path in the future. But for now, you can just make it yourself.
The whole batch makes about 40 cookies, which puts the THC content on about 35/70 MG. Use the cannabis butter only for the filling if you would like a lower dose.
Dunk it in milk, separate the tops, or eat it in one bite, there is no right way to dig in. The only dilemma is stopping yourself from eating an entire tray.
1 cup 50/50 Butter/Cannabis butter mixed
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups dark cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup Cannabis butter
2 cups powdered sugar 1
- In a large bowl, cream together half cup Cannabis butter with half cup normal butter. Mix with the white sugar and salt, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until fully incorporated.
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda into the mix. Blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix together until combined.Turn the dough out onto your surface and push together into a flat square. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F .
- To make the filling, combine ½ cup Cannabis butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together until light and fluffy.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and for ease of rolling out, divide the dough into 4
- To roll out the dough, place a quarter of the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough between the two sheets of parchment to ¼-inch thickness.
- Using a small round cookie cutter or champagne glass cut the dough into individual rounds and place on a large parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving at least ½-inch between each cookie.
- Pack together and re-roll out any scraps to cut additional cookies. Repeat with this process with each remaining ¼ of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Assemble the cookies by spreading a generous scoop of the icing onto one of the cookies and sandwiching it with another. Give it a light squeeze and scrape any excess off to clear and even out the sides.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
Weed Oreo Cookies
Geplaatst door Cannadish op Woensdag 12 juli 2017