In this article we will show you how to extract Cannabigerol from cannabis flower to make CBG oil at home.
What is CBG?
CBG stands for cannabigerol and is a cannabinoid found in cannabis. Now that cannabis has been put more under the spotlight, more cannabinoids are getting the attention they deserve.
What are the benefits of CBG Oil?
Just like CBD oil, CBG also does not have any psychoactive effect that THC has. While CBD has shown to have great potential health benefits, there are currently not many studies around the benefits of CBG. However, the studies that we do have show great potential. According to this research, CBG may help skin health better than CBD or THC.
How to make CBG oil at home
lets get to the main point of the article. CBG oil is usually very expensive to buy. The reason for that is because it is harder to produce. There are usually only small percentages of CBG in the hemp plant. Hemp that is high in CBG are not bred as much and the equipment needed to extract this cannabinoid is expensive for companies.
You can make CBG oil at home by infusing cannabis strains that are high in CBG and low in other cannabinoids. While there are not as many CBG dominant strains as there are CBD or THC strains, there is still a good selection to choose from.
Cannabis strains high in CBG:
To make a cannabis oil with a high CBG percentage, we need the proper strain to begin our recipe with. These are some cannabis strains that are CBG dominant.
• Jack frost CBG
This strain contains 13.5% CBG along with a small amount of CBC and an almost no THC.
• Super glue CBG
White bud with orange hairs, this strain contains 22% CBG.
• Lemon Cream Diesel CBG
This strain has a lemon citrus taste and contains 20% CBG.
This hemp strain contains 18% CBG and 0% THC. Therefore a great strain to make this recipe.
CBG Oil recipe:
Just like making CBD oil at home, the cannabis buds are decarboxylated and than infused with an oil. It is the exact same process as making regular cannabis oil or CBD oil from cannabis flower. Follow the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comment section.
- Strong Mason Jar
- 1/4 Ounce Cannabis flower High CBG dominant strain
- 1 Cup Olive Oil Or coconut oil
- Prepare your cannabis buds by spreading them evenly on an oven tray coated with aluminum foil.
- Decarboxylate by placing in the oven for 40 minutes on 240F.
- Place the decarbed weed in a mason jar together with 1 cup of oil and 1 tsp sunflower lecithin.
- Place the mason jar in a pot of cold is ater and let it come to boil.
- Boil for 2 and half hour and continue to add water to the pot if the water evaporates.
- Once ready, strain the plant material from the oil.
- Your CBG oil is now ready to be stored and used