Cannabis Mayonnaise is super easy to quickly whip at home when you have some cannabis oil ready made. If not, the first step will be to make canna infused oil.
You need a couple more ingredients such as eggs and mustard plus a whisk and a bowl and you are all setup to make this silky delicious sauce. Cannabis mayo can be used for so many more recipes or simply be used as spread on your sandwich.
You don’t need to stop at a plain cannabis mayonnaise, you can go a step further and flavor it with chives, garlic, capers, basil and the list can go on. We once made cannabis sushi using a spicy cannabis mayo for the filling.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature 30 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil (or a combination), divided
- 1/4 cup cannabis oil
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Whisk together yolk, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until combined well.
- Add about 1/4 cup regular oil drop by drop, whisking constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Whisk in vinegar and lemon juice, then add remaining 1/2 cup regular and cannabjs oil in a very slow, thin stream, whisking constantly until well blended.
- If at any time it appears that oil is not being incorporated, stop adding oil and whisk mixture vigorously until smooth, then continue adding oil.
- Whisk in salt to taste and white pepper. Chill, surface covered with plastic wrap, until ready to use.