Learn how to make Mango Kush scented cannabis perfume!
You ever smelled an amazing cannabis strain and wondered where the scent comes from? Well, those aromas come from something called terpenes. Therefore, when making a cannabis perfume, we will use the terpene profile found in the strain of our choice. In this case it will be the classic cannabis strain: Mango Kush!
What are terpenes, and why am I using them in my marijuana perfume?
Terpenes are the essential oils from the cannabis plant. Each weed strain carries its own set of terpenes that contribute to its aroma and flavor. These terpenes indicate the quality of the cannabis flower they are cultivated from.
Terpenes can be piney, flowery, grassy, and many other scents. They are commonly captured for cannabis beauty products and weed edibles. It is important to use complementary terpenes when creating a cannabis perfume. We are using the terpenes in this recipe because of the pleasant smells they exude.
Does it really smell like weed?
You will be surprised of how good it smells! The perfume actually has a nice citrus smell that starts to fade into a soft smell of Mango kush. It is a light aroma and you recognize it after about 15 seconds. This is because the perfume is created in different notes of scents. Starting with a citrus smell from the lemonene terpene followed by a Mango Kush terpene blend.
Where can i buy terpenes?
You can purchase your terpenes online from a reputable company. In addition, you can ask your local dispensary to show you their terpene collection. Let them know that you’re creating a cannabis perfume, and disclose the terpenes that this recipe requires.
It is common for terpenes to be sold in a dropper. This makes it incredibly simple to add to your weed perfume recipe. For this recipe, you’re going to use the following terpenes:
- Limonene Terpene (top note)
- Mango Kush Terpene Blend (middle note)
- Mycrene Terpene (base note)
- Pinene Terpene (base note)
Will cannabis perfume make me high?.
Though this property of cannabis is still received by the body through the endocannabinoid system, it does not cause elevating effects. Terepenes do not make you high.
Start Your Cannabis Perfume Recipe Today!
The recipe is very easy to make. All you need is to combine the ingredients together in the order below. Leave it out for 2 days and come back to it. If you like to make the weed perfume with another kind of cannabis strain, you can. You just need to find out the terpene profile of that strain.
Freshen up before a night out with friends. This weed infused perfume will last a long time, and harbour an incredible smell that will leave people asking, “Where did you get your perfume?”
- Empty perfume bottle
- Small funnel
- Empty dropper bottle
- 1 tbsp Jojoba oil (carrier oil)
- 2 Tbsp Everclear alcohol (190 proof)
- 5 drops Limonene Terpene (top note)
- 13 drops Mango Kush terpene blend (middle note)
- 5 drops Mycrene terpene (base note)
- 2 drops Pinene terpene (base note)
- 1 tbsp Distilled water
- In a dropper bottle, add 1 tbsp of jojoba oil with 2 tbsp of everclear alcohol.
- Add in your base terpene notes followed by the middle note and top note.
- Close the dropper and store at a cool dark place for atleast 48 hours.
- Once ready, add 1 tbsp of distiller water and give it a good shake.
- Pour your Mango Kush cannabis perfume in a perfume bottle.