Cannabis is becoming a powerful ingredient for those that want to ease the pain symptoms of Fibromyalgia. There have been several studies on the effects of both CBD and THC on fybromyalgia patients including human clinical trials. According to Rxleaf, fibromyalgia patients using cannabis found more relief with cannabis than using any other prescription drugs.
In this recipe, we will show you how to make a cannabis lotion that included both THC and CBD combined with ginger oil, Lavender oil and Vitamine D3.
Cannabis lotion does not make you high!
When the topical is absorbed into in the body, THC molecules are not absorbed into the bloodstream and remain at the site where they were applied. Therefore, the THC will not give you the psychoactive effects edibles do.
While edibles gives a better chance of easing the pain, a lot of people do not want or can be high all day. Therefore, a topical is a good first step to try and ease the pain symptoms of fibromyalgia before trying edibles for fibromyalgia.
Another reason can be that the person never tried cannabis before, in this case a cannabis body lotion is a great way to make a start without any side effects like the high THC brings.
- 1/4 Cup Cannabis oil
- 50 Mg CBD oil
- 1/4 Cup Ginger oil
- 1/4 Cup Lavender oil
- 1/4 Cup Beeswax
- 1 Tsp Vitamine D3 oil
- 2 Tbsp Shea butter
- 5 Drops Vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine Lavender oil, cannabis oil, ginger oil, CBD oil, beeswax and shea butter in a bowl and create a double boiler.
- As the water heats, the ingredients will start to melt. Stir occasionally as they melt to incorporate.
- When all ingredients are completely melted, add vitamin D3 oil and any essential oils or scents like vanilla.
- Pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Such as mason jar.
- Use as you would regular lotion. This lotion is ultra-moisturizing and more oily than water-based lotions so you won’t need to use as much. And since there is no water in the recipe, you can store the lotion for much longer.