Why is it Great to Cook with Cannabis?
Cannabutter Chicken Pot Pie, that’s why!
The Cannabis Kitchen is the best place in the house- with so many tasty and easy recipes like Chicken “Pot” Pie your creativity can get pretty ‘high’!
Besides cooking dishes that are yummy, you’ll also ingest all of the benefits that Cannabis offers like a nice, balanced buzz for starters.
We also have a new line of cooking products, check it out here.
Dazzle your Dinner Guests with Chicken Pot Pie.
It’s one of the most delicious comfort foods out there, takes little time to make, and needs very little prepping.
Plus? You can freeze a batch or two and have it again in the same week so you don’t have to fuss and plan. Easy!
Cannabis Edibles are Highly Tasty. Cannabutter is so easy to make!
No matter which way you slice it, when you’re cooking with Cannabis, you’ll enjoy a tasty high.
You’ll need just a few ingredients and a little time to decarboxylate your weed to make your Cannabutter. Once you’ve got that you’re good to go!
The best part? Once your weed is decarboxylated, you can use your Cannabutter for just about any other recipe too!
Decarboxylate your Weed so you can use it again, and again.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie is made with peas and carrots so don’t skip on them because they soak up the juices of the chicken and compliment cannabis perfectly.
Use our handy Cannadish Cutting Board for percision when slicing and dicing your veggies.
After you’ve taken your golden beauty out of the oven:
Baste your Chicken Pot Pie in Cannabutter!
Here’s our soon-to-be-world-famous Chicken “Pot” Pie Recipe below.
- Glass Pie Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Glass Bowl for Decarboxylating your Weed
- Timer or Oven Timer
- Sharp knife
- Cutting Board
- Frying pan – non stick
- Sauce pan – large enough to fit in your chicken and veg.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrots sliced up small
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup celery chopped in small pieces
- 1 gram weed Make sure you decarboxylate it first. A nice strain with citrus terpenes would go well with this dish!
- 1/3 cup butter ( regular butter)
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup Cannabutter use this at the end to baste your pie! YUM!
- 2/3 cup milk whole milk preferably
- 2 X 9 inch pie crusts
- Dice up your chicken into small cubes, set aside.
- On the stove, in your saucepan, throw in all the veggies EXCEPT the onion. Add in your chicken. Cover with water, bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and set aside.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, place onion and butter together and cook until the onions are soft and see-through. Add in flour, salt, pepper, celery seed.
- Add in broth and milk – let it thicken. Once thick, remove from heat.
- Combine your frying pan mixture with your sauce pan mixture. Stir it up.
- Grab your glass pie dish, line with parchment paper and place your bottom crust on the bottom. Spoon in your hot mixture and then place the top crust on top, sealing in the edges with a fork or pinching them with your finger. Get creative! Be sure you poke holes with a fork all around the pie's middle so it can breathe and steam.
- ** You could use access pie crust to create a marijuana leaf in the middle of your pie for fun too! **
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes – or until the pie crust is nice and golden-brown.
- Remember that delicious Cannabutter you made? Now you can brush it on top of the pie and let it sink inside for the best part!
- Let cool slightly, cut up and serve! Gobble it down and maye there will be seconds!
Let us know how this recipe worked out in the comments below!
Did you use more Cannabutter? It’s okay, we love it too!