I’ve got a cat named Sage. He’s the fluffiest, furriest most chill cat you’ll ever meet. I absolutely adore him and he is a total sweetheart!
But… when it comes time to washing his fur – he turns into a savage beast – not to be caught by even the best cat wrangler!
We have to wear gloves, long sleeve shirts, jogging pants ( to prevent scratching and skin-tearing!) and garden gloves too. It’s an exhausting process, to say the least!
Washing our cat is the most stressful job ever! Can you relate?
I finally discovered that by using CBD oil and a few other handy tips, it actually helps speed up the process, eliminates stress, and I am going to lay it out for you step by step below.
CBD Oil has been known to help reduce inflammation, reduce anxiety and possibly help with a shinier, healthier coat of fur.
First things first though! If your cat less-than-loves being washed, you can try a few sneaky-tricks before you bring him or her into the bathroom.
Sneaky Cat Trick #1:
Snuggle & Brush.
You’ll want to snuggle, brush and fawn all over your kitty for at least 10 minutes before you start the shower. By doing this, your cat will begin to relax, and zone out! It works for Sage every single time.
Sneaky Cat Trick #2:
Treats. Lots of them.
I always bribe Sage with a ton of his favorite treats. I put them in a line, all the way up the stairs leading toward the bathroom! Every time he nibbles on a treat, I praise him and pet him! Works like a charm.
Sneaky Cat Trick #3:
Turn on the shower and walk away.
While your kitty is crunching happily on his or her treats, just turn on the shower, turn on the diffuser ( see below) and leave the room. They may run away, or they may just stay and nibble. I like to put the shower on so they don’t freak out when you do so in the bathroom!
Sneaky Cat Trick #4:
Lavender Oil in the Diffuser.
When I turn on the shower (about 10-15 minutes before I’m ready to rock) I also turn on the diffuser in the bathroom. My cat LOVES the smell. He just likes being around it and I find he relaxes more.
Sneaky Cat Trick #5:
It’s all in your energy.
You’re anxious? Kitty will be too. You’re calm and cool? Kitty will be too! Meditate before, or have calming music playing on Alexa. Win-win for everyone involved!
The team at Cannadish promotes being safe and doing your research first, especially with your pets. Using caution and speaking to your professional and licensed Veterinarian is the first step in ensuring your pet’s safety and well-being.
If you’re interested in learning more before you create your own CBD Oil Pet Shampoo, you can go here.
For even more credible sources and research on CBD Oil and Pet’s, click here.
I’d love to hear your tips on how to wrangle your cat(s) and what he or she thought ( and you too) about our CBD Pet Shampoo in the comments below!
- Removable Shower Head
- Oil Diffuser
- 10 drops lavender oil in your diffuser 15 minutes before starting!
- Mix your ingredients together in a pitcher and if your cat is small, use less CBD oil. If your cat is larger like ours is, use just a bit more as outlined in the instructions.
- Get those gloves on!
- With TWO people (if possible) hold your kitty gently in the bathtub. Lay an old towel underneath of him or her so it's more comfy and less slippery.
- Detaching the showerhead, make sure the water temperature is set to warm. Kitty is already angry, cold water does not help!
- Have your helper slowly pour the shampoo starting at the tail and legs.
- Move up toward the middle and stomach area, massaging very gently.
- Rinse off as much of the shampoo as you can, often.
- Once you get to kitty's head, just use a very small amount and gently rub in cheeks, top of head, neck. Do not go close to the eyes, it will sting and your cat will bolt.
- Rinse off your cats entire body and then just use a little water and wash AWAY from the eyes, toward the tail.
- Believe it or not, diffusing lavender oil in my diffuser 15 minutes prior to Sage's bath WORKED! He began sniffing, and didn't seem to be as bothered with the sound of the shower.
- Every cat varies – but try it and see if it works!