Cannabis shampoo is the new trend that is making waves in the health and beauty world. These products use oil extracted from the hemp plant, which is high in CBD and low in THC.
But does CBD in shampoo actually work? And what is it good for?
While there are claims made that CBD can help in volume and strength of the hair, as well as maintain colour, protect, moisturize and stimulate growth. There are actually not enough studies on it. But since CBD in beauty and hair care is becoming mainstream, we don’t expect the studies to come out soon. With that said, CBD might be an essential ingredient your shampoo is missing.
In the meanwhile, we have a recipe for you on how making CBD shampoo at home in minutes! You can buy a CBD tincture online or even make the CBD tincture at home from cannabis buds.
- ¼ cup coconut milk (homemade or canned)
- 1/4 cup Liquid castile Soap like Dr. Bronners
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of choice(you can use peppermint, lavender, rosemary and orange or maybe even a combinations of those.
- ½ tsp cbd Oil or CBD tincture
- Combine all ingredients including the CBD oil or tincture in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind pump soap dispensers.
- Shake well to mix.
- Keep in shower for up to a month.
- Shake before each use.
- Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.