After a completely infused cannabis Thanksgiving meal, let’s keep some room for a weed infused dessert. And your standard THC edible recipe like some brownies or gummies won’t do. Cannabis pumpkin pie will be the finishing touch for the evening!
Once the pumpkin pie is in the oven, we do not want the temperature to exceed 350F. This way the THC stays intact and does not degrade.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Cannabis butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line the pie crust with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake until the edges just start to brown, 12 to 15 minutes on 400F. Remove from the oven and keep near the stove.
- Place the pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves or allspice in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment or blender.
- Blend until the brown sugar is completely mixed in and the purée looks glossy.
- Transfer the mixture to a large saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until incorporated for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Whisk in the milk, cannabis butter and cream.
- Once the mixture is cooled off a little, slowly whisk the eggs into the saucepan with the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Carefully pour the warm pumpkin mixture into the warm pie crust.
- Carefully transfer the baking sheet with the pie to the oven on 350F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature before serving — it will continue to set as it cools.