This Cannabis Infused Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe is possibly one of the tastiest weed infused snacks ever. It’s crispy, coated in homemade infused caramel, easy to make and has the perfect sweet and salty balance.
The only way to possibly make this a better experience, is to have some cannabis infused salted caramel coffee with it on the side.
Making Cannabis Infused Salted Caramel Popcorn is incredible easy. It’s a great snack for movie night! But also perfect to package up and give as gifts around the holidays.
In the following recipe we use cannabis butter as the base for our salted caramel sauce. But you can also use cannabis sugar, if you still have some of that laying around.
Don’t pop the popcorn in cannabis oil, but rather use normal oil as THC degrades at high temperatures.
For the popcorn:
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels this equates to about 4 quarts of popped mushroom popcorn
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
For the cannabis caramel:
- 2/3 cup cannabis butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil in the stovetop popcorn popper to 400F.
- Throw in 1/2 a cup of mushroom popcorn kernels, close the lid and start process.
- Once the popping sounds stop, remove the popcorn popper from heat and dump the popped popcorn into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn in a thin stream, stirring to coat.
- Place the coated popcorn in a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake on 250F, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. This way the caramel will be equally divided over the popcorn.
You can store your cannabis infused popcorn in an airtight container.