It is time for Weed infused gummies to step aside for a little bit and make room for cannabis jelly beans. Jelly beans are a tasty way to get medicated and super fun to make.
When you create homemade weed infused jelly beans, you get the joy of choosing the flavor and color you’d like! Pretty much any drink you fancy can be turned into a jelly bean flavor.
It takes a little longer to make than cannabis gummies, but once you have a jar full of 420 infused jelly beans, you won’t regret it.
At the beginning of this year, the creator of Jelly Belly announced that he will launch a CBD infused version of the jelly beans. While the following recipe is a THC infusion, you can easily make CBD infused jelly beans by simply replacing the cannabis tincture with a CBD tincture.
What you will need is a Jelly bean mold, which you can purchase at Amazon. Once you got your mold out, follow our recipe and enjoy your unique cannabis edibles.
- 3 Tbsp Cannabis Tincture
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 oz gelatin
- 1/2 cup juice with no pulp, or your favorite cocktail
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, combine 3/4 cup water, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and gelatin.
- Bring to a boil, stirring regularly to ensure that no clumps of gelatin form.
- As soon as the temperature reaches 230 F, take the pot off the burner - the syrup should still be quite liquidy.
- Set the pot in a bowl of ice to stop the temperature from rising. .
- Quickly stir in the juice, cannabis tincture and salt.
- Spray the jelly bean molds with non-stick spray and pour the syrup into the molds filling them to the top.
- Let the jelly beans sit for four to six hours, or until the gelatin has hardened. It will still be gummy and sticky.
- Pop the jelly beans out of the molds and transfer them to parchment paper.
- Lightly dust the beans with cornstarch to help them dry. Let them sit for another few hours.
- To make the outer shell, mix 1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, and whatever food coloring you like.