Wow your guests with this simple and delicious cannabis dessert recipe!
We are mixing up traditional and contemporary desserts through this unique weed edible. Cannabis infused hand pies tick all the boxes for current dessert trends. These mouth watering morsels are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without over-indulging. This cannabis combo is the perfect bite-size cannabis edible for the traditional hand pie lover.
What cannabis base does this recipe require?
This recipe calls for cannabis infused butter (cannabutter). Check out this recipe for cannabis butter and start cooking! In addition, this cannabis infused hand pies recipe uses cannabis sugar. Check out this cannasugar recipe for weed edibles.
If these two base ingredients are ready to go, you can start the recipe!
Why serve cannabis infused hand pies?
There are many perks to this special weed dessert. Notably, this dessert only requires two dishes. What is more convenient when you are serving a room full of people?
Secondly, this THC packed dessert looks and tastes amazing. Their beautiful half moon shape houses delicate and sweet flavors.
What’s more is this contemporary take on a classic dish is sure to satisfy guests of all tastes. This recipe maintains the integrity of a traditional hand pie, while infusing cannabis for a contemporary twist.
Jazz up these traditional pies with flavor and fun!
In addition, these weed infused hand pies are customizable. Select your favorite fruit and ensure you’ll love these cannabis pastries. You can even decorate these weed infused pies with sauces to complement the dish. Try rolling the pies in icing sugar or coating them with chocolate sauce. The possibilities are endless.
Furthermore, these pie shells are amazing as part of a savory dish! Consider stuffing these shells with minced meat. Spice up your ground meat and add to the shells accordingly.
Create Your Cannabis Infused Hand Pies Today!
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt 2 tbs Canna-butter or Canna-Coconut oil, then add Canna-sugar, lemon juice, fruit, and cornstarch together on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Rollout the Pie dough onto a floured surface. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out an even number of hand pie crust, one for the bottom and one for the top of the pie. Place each bottom of the pie crust 2 inches apart from each other on the lined cookie sheet.
- Using a tbsp, scoop out about 2 tbsp fruit filling, and place the filling onto the middle of the bottom pie crust. Dip your finger in the cold water to moisten the edges of the dough. Place the top pie crust on top of the bottom layer and crimp the edges to seal. You can use a fork to do so. Using a knife make slits in the top pie crust.
- Brush each Cannabis-Infused Hand Pie with the egg wash for a shiny golden color. Place cookie sheet on the middle rack, bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve