Along with champagne, truffles, and foie gras, caviar is a delicacy that isn’t just a food item, but also a luxury good. While the real thing are eggs from a sturgeon fish, chefs have been making imitation caviar in the molecular gastronomic world for a while now.
The cool thing about artificial caviar is that chefs can create caviar spheres from anything liquid, such as fruit juices, alcohol, puree’s and oil. With the purpose that the flavors inside the liquid spheres explode in your mouth when you chew it.
What makes cannabis caviar interesting is using it for the exact opposite. All the flavor is inside these tiny spheres, and if you don’t chew on it, you can simply take a teaspoon, swallow it, and the high will kick in. Much easier it seems than eating a whole cannabis brownie if you don’t like the taste of cannabis.
But of course you can use the cannabis caviar as you see fit. We are here to show you the recipe!
- 1/4 cup Cannabis Tincture
- 1/4 cup fruit juice
- 1/4 tsp Calcium Lactate
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Sodium Alginate
- Mix the cannabis tincture together with the calcium lactate and fruit juice.
- In a medium bowl, add your 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon Sodium alginate and blend together using a hand blender.
- Set your bath aside for 15 minutes.
- Using a syringe, drop small droplets of the cannabis oil mixture into the alginate bath.
- Allow to set for 2 minutes while stirring gently.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the formed cannabis caviar to a bowl of clean water.