Cannabis butter is a great basic to make cannabis-infused food and can be used for any recipe that requires butter.
In order for THC to properly decarboxylate—change from its acid form to its psychoactive form—the cannabis needs to be heated at low temperatures. For less cannabis flavor, there is an option to soak your cannabis in hot water for 8 hours before starting this recipe. Since THC is not water soluble it won’t take away any of the potency.
Important: If using a mason jar, make sure to start with cold water, and also let the water cool back gradually so it won’t shatter.
THC Dosage: 43-86 MG per tablespoon
- 1/4 to 1/2 Ounce Cannabis
- 1 cup Butter
- Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 till 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Grind your dry cannabis or chop it till fine.
- Place the cannabis in a strong mason jar, add butter and (1 tsp of sunflower lecithin)(optional)
- Place your closed jar in cold water and let it come to a boil, Boil for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain your butter through a cheesecloth.
- Cool down